Saturday, October 25, 2008

School Picture Time!

It's fall. The kids are back in school, and anyone who has been to school or had a child in school knows that fall is school picture time! It's a tradition that's been held for generations. And historically, school pictures are NOT good. The school photographers have about 30 seconds to photograph each child, and they don't care if the kid is smiling, or his hair is sticking straight up, or she has food on her chin. As a mom, I usually bought the smallest package of school pictures available, and only because the grandparents insisted. But let's face it--those photos are not flattering, and I cringe every time I see them--as a former student, as a mom, and as a photographer.

Several years ago, my good friend and colleague and I decided there had to be a better alternative. Rebekah and I decided we could offer quality portraits in a school setting. We created a new company, Pope & Schwartz--Contemporary School Portraiture. Now wouldn't you love for your child's school pictures to look like this? (These are from one of our pre-school clients. I will be sharing from some of our elementary, middle, and high schools in the coming weeks.)









1 comment:

Caits said...

Great idea and fabulous photos.