Friday, June 25, 2010

A Quick Trip to Memphis

I don't get to see my niece and nephew very often, as they live in Florida. So when I learned they would be flying up to Memphis to visit my parents for a few days, I decided to make the drive over and see them.

I planned to arrive shortly after their flight was scheduled to land, so I drove over in the late afternoon. And managed to get caught in a nasty storm for over an hour. But once I got past Jackson, TN, the storm abated, and I arrived in Germantown shortly after 7 PM. Since the my parents were still at the airport picking up the kids, I went to my younger brother's house, and we went out to eat at the Half Shell. It was great to spend some time one-on-one with him. I haven't done that in years!

Just as we were finishing up our meal, my mom called to let us know they were home, so we headed over there. They were eating pizza--which my parents had to pick all the toppings off of first. Everyone knows that little kids don't eat peppers and onions and mushrooms on pizza, right? Well, Kendall's not so little anymore, but she still wants her pizza plain.

We all sat around catching up for a while, and I managed to grab a few shots of my parents' cats--Lucky and Leo--before heading to bed.


No comments: