Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!



Well, another year on the calendar has flown by. They aren't kidding when they say the older you get, the faster time flies! I think I just blinked and 2006 was done and gone.


We had a very nice Christmas this year. Parrish was home from Hawaii, and we drove over to Memphis to spend Christmas Day with at my brother's house, with my parents. My mom actually cried when she opened the little scrapbook I made for her. And she was thrilled with the laptop computer my dad bought for her. Dad ended up with two Panini grills--one from us, and one from mom. He exchanged ours for a DVD player and joined Netflix. Kelly has had fun playing with his new router and router table, too. And I really love the purse & wallet Kelly bought for me! I photographed this with my new Sharpics D-Flector, a really cool tabletop studio!



Parrish stayed in Memphis for a few days with her father, then went to Atlanta with Kate and her family for a big New Years Eve bash. Meanwhile, Kelly and I went to dinner at Stoney River one night, and the movies another night with our new friends Tony and Antoinette. Tony is also Kelly's boss. And true to Schwartz form, we were one of the last to leave Stoney River, and also one of the last to leave the Bistro after the movie. And The Good Shepherd is great! But who doesn't like Matt Damon?


What a busy year we have ahead of us! Parrish returns to the University of Hawaii this weekend, and her classes for the spring semester start on Monday. She's trying to cram in doctor appointments and seeing all her friends by the end of the week. Beginning next week, Kelly will be traveling a lot. At least all of his destinations are port cities, and not in the middle of nowhere.


I am really looking forward to Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class at www.BigPictureScrapbooking.com which starts tomorrow. I am also considering 28 Days, and The Art of Choosing Joy, both of which begin in February. I am also working my way through several of the classes I enrolled in last year, but never finished, like My Word (a journaling class) and Finders Keepers and Random Me A-Z. I just never seemed to have the time do do the projects and lessons at the time... I really want to complete these classes now that I am in the slowest time of year for my business.


I do have two bridal shows to work this weekend, after dropping Parrish off at the airport. And Kelly will probably spend the weekend working on the kitchen remodel. I'll post photos of that progress later...

1 comment:

Sonia said...

hi there :) I found your blog thru 2 peas. I live outside of Nashville myself. Just wanted to say hi : )